"THALIA" was built by Drewry/Robert Stephenson & Hawthorns in 1954. The locomotive was supplied new to William Cory & Sons Ltd. where it was named after one of the three Graces in Greek mythology. The locomotive was painted black with Cory's standard logo on each side. The locomotive worked all its working life in Cory's sidings, which were located adjacent to Blue Boar Wharf, Rochester, Kent.
By 1983 the locomotive stood disused in one of the sidings next to Cory's offices. In 1985 the locomotive was purchased by a member of the North Downs Railway Society and the locomotive was moved to Chatham's Historic Dockyard, where the North Downs Railway Society operated the internal railway on behalf of the Historic Dockyard Trust. Upon its arrival at the Historic Dockyard, the locomotive was used to operate demonstration freight trains.
After a period of operation, it was decided to undertake an extensive refit of the locomotive and it was was moved into No.3 covered slip and stripped down. The locomotive was still in this condition when the North Downs Railway Society left the Historic Dockyard in 1987. At this time, the locomotive was sold and the new owner restored the locomotive to working order, repainting it green. The locomotive is kept in working order and can been seen working within the Historic Dockyard.