John Fowler & Co. 0-4-2T Works No.585, Built 1885.
2 ships have borne the name H.M.S. FLAMINGO.
Was a Condor-class composite screw gunvessel launched in 1876. In 1893 the ship was sent to harbour service and was sold in 1923.
Was a Black Swan-class sloop, it was laid down by the Yarrow Shipbuilding Company at Scotstown in Glasgow on the 26th May 1938. It was launched on the 18th April 1939 and completed on the 3rd November 1939. It was commissioned on the 3rd December 1939. In January 1959 it was sold to West Germany.