Although this locomotive was shown as being allocated to Chatham Dockyard, it was known to have worked on the Chattenden Naval Tramway, [CNT].
The C.N.T. was a 2 mile standard gauge railway running between Lodge Hill [Chattenden Barracks] and Sharnal Street, originally operated by the Royal Engineers and opened 1901. At Sharnal Street it connected with the South Eastern & Chatham Railway's Hundred of Hoo Branch.
In 1929, it was transferred to the Kingsnorth Light Railway.
The railway saw intensive use during the Second World War,but declined after the end of hostilities and the railway closed in 1961