R & W Hawthorn, Leslie & Co. Ltd. 0-4-0ST, Works No.2876, Built 1911.
Three ships of the Royal Navy have been named H.M.S. SUSSEX.
Was a fourth rate, ship of the line, built by Tippets at Deptford,and launched in 1652. It was accidently blown up in 1653.
Was a 80-gun, third rate, ship of the line built by Lee at Chatham Dockyard and launched on the 11th April 1693. The ship was lost in a severe storm on the 1st March 1694 off Gibraltar.
Was a County class, heavy destroyer, built by R & W Hawthorn, Leslie & Co. Ltd. at Hebburn on-Tyne. It was laid down on the 1st February 1927, launched 22nd February 1928 and commissioned on the 19th March 1929. The ship was taken out of service on the 2nd February 1949. On the 3rd February 1950, the ship was decommissioned and handed over to the British Iron and Steel Corporation. It was scrapped on the 23rd February 1950 by Arnott Young at Dalmuir.
H.M.S. SUSSEX, was the name of the Royal Navel Reserve unit at Brighton that closed in 1994.