Andrew Barclay, Sons & Co. Ltd. 0-4-0ST, Works No.2199, Built 1945.
Six ships of the Royal Navy have been named H.M.S. VICTORY.
Was a 42-gun ship, originally the GREAT CHRISTOPHER, purchased in 1569. It was broken up in 1608.
Was a 42-gun, Great Ship, built by Andrew Burrel at Deptford and launched in 1620. The ship was broken up at Woolwich Dockyard
Was a 100-gun, first rate, ship of the line, launched in 1675, as ROYAL JAMES, it was renamed H.M.S. VICTORY on the 7th March 1691. The ship was lost when it was burnt by accident in February 1721.
Was a 100-gun, first rate, ship of the line, built by Portsmouth Dockyard. It was laid down in 1726 and launched on the 23rd Februar 1737. The ship was wrecked in a large storm near the Channel Islands on the 4th October 1744.
Was a 8-gun, schooner, launched in 1764, it served in Canada and was burned in 1768.
Is a 104-gun, first rate ship of the line built by Chatham Dockyard. It was laid down on the 23rd July 1759, launched 7th May 1765 and commissioned in 1778. In 1929, it was moved to a dry dock at Portsmouth and preserved as a museum ship. It continues to be the flag ship of the Second Sea Lord and is the oldest naval ship still in commission.