Chatham Historic Dockyard Railway
Admiralty Tank Wagons NS01 and NS02

These tank 4 wheeled tank wagons were built by Metropolitan Cammel Carriage & Wagon Co. Ltd. at their Midland Works in Birmingham in 1939.

They were used to convey lubricating oil between oil refineries and the different Admiralty installations.

The pair have recently been restored.

NS01


Tank Wagon NS01 in 1984, shortly after the closure of the Dockyard
© C Thompson, 1984


Tank Wagon NS01 in 1984, shortly after the closure of the Dockyard
© C Thompson, 1984
Website Design & Hosting by MANS Data Services Ltd | © CHDR 2011